- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, whipping cream, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Pour 1 cup of the egg mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Add the cubed bread to the egg mixture in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture evenly over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the butter pecan mixture.
Butter Pecan Mixture:
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Mix in the brown sugar and maple syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Bring the syrup mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the toasted pecans to the syrup mixture, and spoon the maple pecan syrup over the chilled french toast and mix it all together.
- Bake the casserole for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with maple syrup (optional).
Low-Carb French Toast Sticks
For the days you want to have a sweet morning breakfast, these low-carb french toast sticks are perfect for any gathering.
Low-Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip Bagels
Packed with flavor, this recipe combines the creaminess of spinach artichoke dip with the satisfying crunch of a bagel, all while keeping your carb intake in check.