Low-Carb Sausage and Herb Stuffing
A savory low-carb, and keto-friendly take on the classic holiday stuffing.
- 1 loaf of Sola Golden Wheat Bread cut into 1- inch pieces
- 1 lb of sage ground pork
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 ½ cups of onion, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 ¼ of Low Sodium Vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 egg, whisked
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs of Avocado Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place your Sola bread cubes on a sheet pan and toss with oil and salt and pepper and bake until dried and brown, about 7 min. Then transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet to a medium-high heat and cook your sausage until cooked through, breaking up the sausage into small pieces during cooking, about 10 min then transfer to the large bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Return the same pan to the stove top and melt the butter and add the onions, celery, garlic, parsley, sage, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 10 min until the vegetables have softened. Remove from heat and add in the stock. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add in the egg and mix really well until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Prep a 9x12 inch baking dish with nonstick spray and add in your stuffing. Bake until browned, about 30 min and enjoy!